[VHFcontesting] RE: Rover Yagi Antennas

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] RE: Rover Yagi Antennas
From: "Matt Patterson" <mattpatt@1starnet.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:27:21 -0500

Thanks everyone who e-mailed me on and off the list.  Just for future
reference to anyone who may have the same question searching though the
archives here's the suggestions that I have received so far.

M2
Directive Systems
C3i
GulfAlpha
Homebrew (non-commercial)

Basically, like I said before I live in Texas and I might add that I'm away
from some of the major population areas such as Dallas or Houston.  I was
just looking for opinions on what everyone else uses as far as commercial
antennas go for their Rover vehicles.  I want to start with 6m, 2m, and 432.
I have TE Systems amps for all these bands with 300 watts plus on 6m and 2m
and 150 watts plus on 432.  So now I'm looking to get some antennas that are
not to big that will do the job.  My truck is a short bed 2004 Regualar cab
Chevy pickup.  I have a receiver hitch in the back with a bracket that will
accept a mast and this is what I used during the Sept. VHF contest to mount
all my antennas on.  I also used a mag mount for the stacked M2 2m loops and
put that on the top of the cab (it was guyed real good).  I didn't have any
amps for this time out only a TS-2000 with barefoot power and a stack of
loops for 2m a loop for 6m and a 10el yagi for 432.  Managed 300+ contacts
with this setup and to say that I'm hooked on rovering is a understatement.
So this brings me to where I am now in looking to better my antennas and try
to put the best 3 band rover out there for the January contest that I can.

73 Matt
W5LL