[VHFcontesting] FW: W4SHG another Microwave Sprint 2004 attemptfrom FM08

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FW: W4SHG another Microwave Sprint 2004 attemptfrom FM08tn
From: "Steve Gilmore - W4SHG" <shg@staffnet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:34:43 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Well again this year I have been feverishly working on the Microwave gear
and have cobbled together the following to be used during Saturday's Fall
2004 Microwave Sprint from Skyline Drive FM08tn.

903  60 watts   19 Element Looper 13.5dbd
1296 40 watts   2 x 22 Element M2 19dbd
2304 25 watts     3 foot Dish 22dbd
3456 50 watts   4 foot Mesh Dish 25dbd
5760 4 watts      3 foot Mesh Dish 27dbd

And of couse the 2 Meter Liason 144.275 13 Elements and 200 watts.
Last year I blew up the IF rig, Smashed the Keyer and litterally turned the
903 amp into smoke and flame.
Worse yet I spilled my coffee while trying to save the Keyer. That really
ticked me off.

I am better prepared this year, I hope. I will also have 2 IF rigs this year
just in case.

I have put together a IF and PTT switching matrix and added 5.7G with 4
watts at the dish all sent back to a Yaesu 817. By the way does anyone know
how to stop the frequency change of the 817 upon going from SSB to CW? Pain
in the &*^%.

I will be in FM08tn at 3800ft ASL Looking NE, East and South. Look for me on
144.275 and occasionally 144.260 for corrdination I hope to be operation
from that location between 7:30am and 8:30am.

Maybe by Spring I can get the 10G gear, we shall see.
I look forward to no coffee spills, and a good time. I hope it's not too
cold.

If I miss anyone look for me on the 6 Meter sprint, most likely from home in
FM18GK.

73 de
Steve Gilmore - W4SHG