[VHFcontesting] 2 Meter SSB Net tomorrow night

To: "Jim Labor KE4NGZ" <labor_j@695online.com>,"N9HF" <kerl@bellsouth.net>, "K1LH" <k1lh2@citlink.net>,"Frank Haas" <kb4t@arrl.net>,"VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2 Meter SSB Net tomorrow night
From: "George Kangas" <KU4VQ@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:40:02 -0400
It is our pleasure to announce the formation of a new SWOT Net beginning within
two weeks.
On Wednesday, October 27 at 8:00PM Eastern Time,  the Daytona Beach, Florida
SWOT Net will hold its first session on 144.250 MHz.

This gathering has been occurring for a number of weeks on 144.200 MHz, and
will continue to on that frequency for one more week.  The gathering will move
to 144.250 MHz in recognition of becoming a SWOT Net.

The Net Control operators are:
KU4VQ George Kangas in South Daytona and
KI4FIA George Fetter in Port Orange

Again, this Net is NOT limited to SWOT members.  Its purpose is to promote 2
Meter  Weak Signal operation and provide those new to 2 Meter Sideband
information and experience. Everyone is invited to check in.

We all hope to get a few new members, as a well as visitors to our Homepage and
the Yahoo Group:

Also once this Net is well established, possibilities exist that this Net will
expand to other bands (ie. 222 MHz) and try other modes (ie.CW).

We wish them lots of luck and our total support.
Again, beginning Wednesday at 8:00 PM Eastern, October 27th, point your Yagis
towards:
Daytona Beach, Florida
144.250 MHz
Daytona Beach Area SWOT Net