[VHFcontesting] RE: west texas

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] RE: west texas
From: K3uhf@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:03:24 EDT
The alternative is to not compare ourselves with the East on the basis of
scores.  The Arrl should not give awards on this nationally.  I am unsure if
they
do.  We need to encourage more participation west of Ol' Miss but in a fair
manner.  More rovers are coming out in the Northwest because they are tired of
being blocked by coastal mountains and limited in grid squares.  The West
needs more rovers but not team rovers.  To be good solo you need at least 2 big
population centers to travel in between and harvest the stations.

I am not sure there is hope for the Dakotas under the Arrl's system.

k3uhf