[VHFcontesting] Jan VHF Contest W3SZ

To: "North East Weak Signal VHF club" <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Jan VHF Contest W3SZ
From: w3sz <w3sz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:44:42 -0500
Hello, All,

It is almost perfect antenna-work weather here, 10 degrees! It could only be better if it were snowing or sleeting, and the wind weren't so slight. I understand it is even colder in New England [as usual].

I will be active for the Contest this weekend on all bands 50 MHz - 24 GHz inclusive.

I will be entered as 'high power', but am actually 'low power' on all bands except 1296 [15 watts], 2304 [12 watts] and 3456 [30 watts].

On 50 - 432 MHz I have only 150/75/100/45 watts respectively. My ERP is significantly higher for 902 MHz and above than on the lower bands. So if we can work on the lower bands and the distance seems reasonable, don't assume we can't do it on the higher bands just because my signal is not rock-crushing on the lower bands ;)

If you want to set up any skeds [sorry, probably won't have digital modes functional this time] please email me before 0500 UTC Saturday, as I will likely be without email access after that.

If you want/need to test things out, I can be available anytime Thursday or Friday, and Saturday before the contest.

Good luck to all, and

73,

Roger
W3SZ