[VHFcontesting] Drumming up FM activity for contests

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Drumming up FM activity for contests
From: N3AWS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:09:50 EST
I believe that one of the smartest things wecould do to increase VHF contest
participation is to actively promote FM simplex entries and activity.  To that
end, I think that we need to make some hard suggestions as to more
standardized frequencies for simplex operation.  This would be especially
helpful to the
newer or less experienced hams rather than just saying "local simplex
channels".

How about 146.55 for starters?  Also, do we really need to "protect" the
National Simplex Calling Frequency?  Heck, mobiling around the Southeast I've
managed only a handful of 52 simplex QSOs... a little activty might be welcome!

How do others feel?

What are your suggestions for 6m, 2m, 70 cm simplex activity frequencies?

73,  Jim Walroth, N3AWS
EM50