[VHFcontesting] microwave scheduling dilemma

To: microwave@wa1mba.org, newsvhf@mailman.qth.net,packrats@mailman.qth.net, rover@mailman.qth.net,vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] microwave scheduling dilemma
From: "Rick R" <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:25:20 -0400
This year the SMBS Microwave contest is sched for Sat April 30th (2.3G and
up) for a 24 hr period.
The ETDXA Microwave Sprint is the following Saturday, May 7th.
Currently, I was thinking of heading up to Camelback FN21hb with my rover
for April 30th, as the window of opportunity is longer for operating. I have
gear thru 24G + LASER. I may also have another 10 & 24 GHz station and op
tagging along.
For the Microwave Sprint, (903 & up) it is likely that we would do some
local operating from FN20 and/or FM29.
I'd like to get some feedback on how many microwave equipped stations in the
Northeast and Mid-Atlantic are planning to operate these events. Thanks for
feedback--it helps my planning, and there's nothing worse than getting
everything ready and remotely positioned, and then having no-one to
contact!!  Please send me email direct, or let's talk these activities up on
the reflectors--
thanks..Rick, K1DS/R