[VHFcontesting] W4SHG Microwave Sprint Spring 2005 from FM08tn

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W4SHG Microwave Sprint Spring 2005 from FM08tn
From: "Steve Gilmore" <shg@staffnet.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 11:31:05 -0400
It appears that the anti-murphy ointment worked this trip as I can report no
electrical failures. Maybe not so in my operating skill.

Biggest disappointment was not getting K1TEO on 5.7G I heard him briefly but
gone not in long enough to call it a QSO.

Best moment was hearing the call "W3IY FM08", the rover extraordinaire was
back in play and cranking out the uwave QSO's

Best fun working the following guys on everthing I had.

                W3IY
                K1RZ
                W3SZ
                K1DS/R
                W4SW

Also good to hear very good activity as I would consider the bands average
at best. Certainly a far cry better than the Fall Sprint of 2004 as I think
the Fall is a more difficult venue. Also I think the Fall participation is
down.

Thanks to all that I worked, great to get EM95 in the log, thanks Dex. A
special thanks to Dave K1RZ fighting his gear during the sprint to squeeze
out some juice near the end of the contest on 3456. Sounded a bit like a
starved voltage regulator but he got signal out and ran a few on an
otherwise missing band.

Also special thanks to the rovers who were fighting limited time, both
K1DS/R and N3FTI/R getting on the air from two (2) grids at least. Sorry I
missed K1DS/R in his first grid but got him on all the bands from FN21.

I can tell you it was clearly one of the best times I have had in any of the
Sprints. Most work too. 51 Q's 35 Mults on 903 thru 5.7G. I will have 10G in
the Fall.

Steve Gilmore - W4SHG FM08tn Upper Hawksbill Skyline Drive