[VHFcontesting] 6m Sprint

To: <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, <packrats@mailman.qth.net>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6m Sprint
From: "Philip Theis" <phil@k3tuf.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 09:56:26 -0400
It was an interesting night on the Sprint for me.  The band offered
challenges, and surprises.  I worked three Puerto Rico stations, and at
times they would come in on conversations from others who couldn't hear
them.  Two new grids there.
Then at two other times in pops a Texas station, and at the very end,
here comes Florida.
Close in, I heard relatively little from New England, and not as much as
I would have liked from the west.  At one time, while trying to reach an
EN91 out came a call from EN71.  Nice surprise from Michigan.
So in the end I netted 85 qso's in 28 grids.  Not as many as Bill (IY)
snagged, but I'm happy.
73,
Phil