[VHFcontesting] W4SHG from the FM18 abyss

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W4SHG from the FM18 abyss
From: "Steve Gilmore" <shg@staffnet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 16:49:09 -0400
Well due to an in ground sprinkler system repair and pollen removal job for
the SHG fleet I was not able to go to FM08 in my normal mountain-top
location for the 6M Sprint.

I am glad too as the first wave of Severe Thunderstroms rolled in just in
time to prove my sprinkler system repairs unneeded and to essentially wipe
out any chance of working the 6 Meter sprint seriously.

It got so depressing to miss QSO after QSO due to static crashes as the
storm so bad I had to turn things off for about 30 minutes. I couldn't even
work CW as the staic crashes took out the RX completely for a second and
therefore I would miss the call. At no time was there 3 seconds without a
static crash from 7:15 to about 8:30. Things got better after that.

Good to hear Puerto Rico and a few E's from Florida. Didn't get into the NE
pastr FN21, surely my problem

51 Q's  35 Grids for 1785 I guess respectable from this location considering
the Storm.

Great to have the fun I will see all of you from FM18hk in June 6 Meters
thru 5.7G

Steve - W4SHG