[VHFcontesting] W3SO FN00 Spring Sprint 6m

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W3SO FN00 Spring Sprint 6m
From: Ed Steeble <esteeble@sc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:00:22 -0400
98 QSOs, 33 Grids for a claimed score of 3234.
Operator: W3BTX

Again the Sprints proved very worth while in checking out the equipment
before the ARRL June contest and the CQ July contest. We repaired minor
winter storm damage to the 6m beam. At the beginning of this sprint we
got  bad audio reports (tnx for the honest reports guys!). It took 1/2 of
the contest to locate and find a bad mike connection. Between
trying  various fixes, we thought about what could be wrong, who to call
for a loner rig, and worked some CW.

Worked only one VE, no 9s, few 4s. Opening to KP4 and SA. Caught an opening
to FL in the last 1/2 hour of the Sprint.

Again tnx to ETDXA for sponsoring the Spring Sprints.

For the Wopsononock Mountaintop Operators,
Ed
K3IXD