Re: [VHFcontesting] FM during the VHF contests?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FM during the VHF contests?
From: "Stephen Hicks, N5AC" <n5ac@n5ac.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:56:00 -0500
Well, having made a comment about not using FM much, I was reminded of when
all I had on 1296 was an FM talkie.  I hooked it up to a good antenna for a
contest and called CQ on 1296.1 FM.  The bands weren't crowded and the folks
listening on SSB ralized I was on FM and switched over and I made a few
contacts that way also.

Steve