[VHFcontesting] New VHFer; please listen

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu,WSVHF@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] New VHFer; please listen
From: w3sz <w3sz@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:58:50 -0400
Hello, All,

A local HF contester Russ Lamm, NN3Q is going to try his first VHF contest
this weekend.  He will be operating from [approximately] FN11gd, near Lock
Haven, PA from a ridge at 2000 feet ASL.

After hearing about how great VHF and up operating and contesting are from
me during our 4 day trip with a bunch of local guys to Dayton, he is
pretty stoked about giving VHF contesting a try.

He will be on 50 MHz and 144 MHz only this time.  If he has fun, he will
be adding more bands in the future.  He will be running relatively low
power, with an FT897 barefoot.

I explained to him that the Q-rates won't be like HF contesting.

If you get a chance, please point your antennas towards FN11gd
occasionally.  If Russ has a good experience, I think he'll become an avid
[and very good] VHF/UHF/Microwave guy.

73,

Roger
W3SZ