[VHFcontesting] June ARRL VHF Contest Rover

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] June ARRL VHF Contest Rover
From: "john ainsworth" <filamentman@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:45:12 -0500
Why N5WDK and I drove 180 miles deeper into West Texas to activate DL89,
DL99 and DM80, knowing pointwise that we would be at a disadvantage because
we wouldn't make near the Q's (144 & 432) from my qth at DM90, I'm not sure.
I was really hoping that 6 would open up and although it wasn't the best
opening, it was all we could handle Sat. pm!!  Six meters was open from Sat
2000 to Sun 0500... 2 and 432 contacts were groundwave and difficult to come
by.  Pile-ups were frequent and we tried to give out DL89 to as many ops as
possible.  Sunday was all groundwave contacts and we pulled up stakes at
noon.
All in all it was worth every minute and dollar spent.
Thanks to all !
73,
John N5XYO
DM90