[VHFcontesting] got grids?

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>, <ntms@itexas.net>,<RMG@clarc.org>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] got grids?
From: "Stephen Hicks, N5AC" <n5ac@n5ac.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:11:16 -0500
I apologize for the late notice on this - I really wasn't sure I was going
to be able to pull all of this off this late in the game with everything I
have going on.  I am headed to West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and
Colorado on a whirlwind 3-week tour.  I will be taking "the rig" with me
which will be able to work on 40m through 3456 inclusive (see attached
photos).  I will be running APRS as N5AC-10 and would be happy to work
anyone during the trip.  I'll be doing some mountaintopping in Utah and
Colorado also.  I will be monitoring 144.200 USB and 1294.50 FM (I have two
1296 FM rigs in the truck) all of the time and probably 446.0 FM most of the
time.  Here's my itinerary so far:

7/12  3PM-5PM  Dallas to Dinosaur Valley SP TX

7/13  All day travel to Carlsbad NM

7/14  Activities (no travel)

7/15 Travel to Truth or Consequences NM

7/16-7/19  who knows . somewhere in AZ or UT

7/20 Travel to Vega SP near Grand Junction, CO

7/22 Travel to Dead Horse Point SP in UT (near Moab)

7/23 Travel to Ridgeway SP in Colorado (near Ridgeway CO)

7/24 Travel to Lakeview SP North of Almont CO

7/28-9 Head to the center of the universe (Central States VHF in Colo
Springs)

7/29-30 Head back to Dallas along some route

Somewhere around 8/1 be back in Dallas

The following link will allow you to see where I am if there is APRS
coverage.  I apologize for the symbol (house) but I guess it is appropriate
since I will be pulling a travel trailer!

http://map.findu.com/n5ac*

I may end up running two trackers along the trip, one in the truck and one
in the trailer.  N5AC-10 should always be the truck, but if you see the
trailer moving at 70 MPH and the truck is standing still somewhere else,
suspect this information is incorrect!

Feel free to call on my cell phone also at 469-576-7488.  If there are
county hunters, etc I'm happy to sked on the low bands also.

40-10m 100W to vertical screwdriver

6m 100W to a vertical initially but may have loop later in trip

2m  400W to 4 el beam

220 180 W to 7 el beam (not first couple of days)

440 20W to 15 el beam

902 10W to 15 el beam

1296 10W to 15 el beam

2304 70W to 27 el loop yagi

3456 55W to 33 el loop yagi

I am actually on vacation (shhhh) so there will certainly be times when I am
just gone.  When traveling though and you can see me moving around on ARPS,
feel free to call.

Steve

Stephen Hicks, N5AC, AFA4SH   EM13qc
469-576-7488 cell