[VHFcontesting] Are we nuts? also:RE:Multi-op rovers

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Are we nuts? also:RE:Multi-op rovers
From: "Tim (KE3HT)" <ke3ht@ke3ht.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:25:10 -0400
I am a single op rover. I am single op because I choose to take a three
day trip for a two day contest of which I spend a night sleeping in my
vehicle and rarely stop for food water or bathrooms containing porcelain
toilets and running water. I can?t and never will find anyone as nuts as
I am that can also put up with my snoring while driving and turning on
the heat mid summer just to wake me up. Who enjoys getting pulled over
by the police when they arrive in three cars, separate us and grill us
for our intentions? Are we having fun yet? Are we there yet?

Who would be nuts enough to Multi-op with me? I figure I could use the
proverbial blonde that knows how to work a microwave oven but,,, awe,,,
lets not go there right now. Might hurt my score but it would be the
only thing that could make this contest any more enjoyable than it is
now.

Multi-op?s are safer, faster and get higher scores?etc.  Even they will
get beat out bad by the grid circling people. I wish I could find
someone to circle with? Not that many of us nuts out there! I can?t win
but I am certainly having fun!

Advertising by WNUTS 144.200 on your USB dial.

I vote for two separate class rovers but I can't see what can be done
about grid circling. It may increase scores but it also makes things
more fun for those that do it and it also increases the activity on the
bands. Some people just enjoy the loop hole rather than the intent of
the contest. To each his own.

One last comment. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR SCORES EVEN IF YOU THINK WINNING IS
IMPOSSIBLE, EVEN IF THEY DON'T PRINT THEM OR RECOGNIZE YOU EXIST!
Otherwise those people that do not know about or understand these
contests will stop having them!

Tim
?
KE3HT/