[VHFcontesting] ARRL UHF Contest results - VE3CRU/R

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL UHF Contest results - VE3CRU/R
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:06:55 -0400
Had a great time working the contest with 4 bands and 4 grids.  New to me was
the nice 2304 rig with over 3 watts out, just purchased.  It worked like a
dream, and the Kenwood TS9000 IF is the only 1 of now 3 old all-modes that is
accurate for frequency too.

It was a treat to work W2SZ with so much ease.  Then called WA2TEO (email addy)
and got K1TEO replying.  Hmmmmm Jeff...... and also got  Phil K3TUF in FN10 too.
Not one Canadian ham heard east of me at any time, a disappointment.  Only 2
Rochester area hams heard, K2ERG and NQ2O and worked too.  Trees to my west at
3 sites made upper bands poor to nil in that direction.

The results, corrected after a tip from VE3SMA are:

223 - 20 Q's    4 grids
432 - 23 Q's    6 grids
903 -   8 Q's    2 grids
2304-  4 Q's    1 grid

Adding 4 "been there" grids, 55 times 17 equals 3,825.

Thanks to all who participated.  Even if I missed you it is nice to know you
were there.  Special thanks to newbies VE3HLS and VE3ANR who gave out points to
all heard.

See you in September.

73,

Bill  VE3CRU/R