Re: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: Re: VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling

To: Steve Meuse <smeuse@mara.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: Re: VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling
From: Mike Perryman <jmperrym@cmdconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:44:48 -0400
Honestly...  very, very few...

Most post 11:00PM contacts are comprised of the dedicated rovers who stick
it out through the night...  which equates to not many...  most stations
call it quits after 11:00PM.

But, if they are willing to stick it out, I am willing to for-go sleep to
make their efforts worth while.  I have even had guys try to whistle CW
into a hand mike at times....  anything to feel the effort was worth
it..    Point South into FM18gl during the Sept. contest, and you will most
likely find me hollering CQ on 6m...  whether I will be awake enough to
give a coherent reply is another story.  ;-)

A couple of years ago, I was told that I was calling "CQ Field Day" toward
the end of the VA QSO Party..  but it got another contact.  Is "auto-pilot"
a legal mode?

I try to support rovers, at least the honest ones.  After all, it would be
pretty boring without them!!

Mike
K5JMP