Re: [VHFcontesting] FS: Kenwood TS2000

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FS: Kenwood TS2000
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 00:12:30 -0500
> THis makes a great all in one VHF contest package.  Very easy
> to take along the main VHF/UHF bands while you are out grid
> circling or being someone's capative rover. Or buy it for one of
> your capative rovers.

Or maybe a rover could buy it for a Captive Fixed Station.

Ideally, said "captive fixed station" should be in a Grid that the rover
typically goes to but the rover is never able to work anyone from that Grid to
get that particular multiplier himself even though the rover supplies the
Multiplier to many stations...the "captive fixed station" would be required,
however, to work no one EXCEPT for the rover to which the fixed station is
captive and the rover would stop going to that particular grid since the rover
is now assured to get that multiplier himself. The captive fixed station
doesn't even have to drive and doesn't need to dedicate the entire weekend to
the contest...just be there as the rover reaches new grids.

Of course, the captive fixed station would end up being as mythical as the
captive rover.

73, JK

(Yes, I KNOW I should have changed the subject but Sean and Mike would have hit
delete. ;- )