Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF-Contesting]Dealing with Insurance Dweebs

To: "VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF-Contesting]Dealing with Insurance Dweebs
From: w3sz <w3sz@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:33:49 -0400
Hi, Dave,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties your insurance company is giving
you.  Unfortunately, your experience is not unusual.

Hearing of experiences like yours with the 'usual' insurance companies
prompted me to get the ARRL-sponsored insurance some years ago, even
though I carry a significant amount of the 'usual' insurance for my
home/properties/contents.  I have always kept the ARRL policy in force and
up to date.

The things you describe provide a very good reason to buy the
ARRL-sponsored insurance.  It pays replacement value.  No depreciation,
etc.  With insurance, as with everything else in life, you get what you
pay for, and I consider the ARRL Insurance to be an excellent value and
have all of my ham equipment, associated test equipment, ham-related
computer gear, etc. insured via the ARRL.

You might check it out to protect you against the 'next time' something
occurs.  Anyone on the list considering insuring their station should
check it out as well:

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/insurance/equipment.html

I hope that things work out OK for you!

73,