Re: [VHFcontesting] Google maps & route choice

To: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Google maps & route choice
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 04:53:20 -0700
On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 09:10:44PM -0700, Radiosporting Fan wrote:

> Man, those guys are FAST!  In one case, it took 'em
> only an hour-and-a-half to travel a route between
> circling opportunities that google says is over 2
> hours.
> http://maps.google.com/maps?spn=1.078926,1.265488&t=h&saddr=32n+102w&daddr=31n+102w&hl=en

Google says:

74.6 mi (about 2 hours 5 mins)

I do not know what factors they use to come up with that
time but almost this entire trip would be on roads that
have a speed limit of at least 60 mph and most of it
might be 70 mph.  There is almost no traffic - as in
there are almost no cars on these roads.   They are
flat and straight.

What is the time in the log for this part of the trip?

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net