[VHFcontesting] Not a happy camper

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Not a happy camper
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 18:47:59 -0400
I ordered a 60 cm dish and 45 looper for 3456 from Directive Systems.  I got
incredibly fast delivery, overnight or next day.

However, the package containing the looper was badly crushed in the middle, and
the DE end of the looper was bent in two directions at the 14 inch mark from
the DE end, 1 1/2 inches downward and 3/4 inch to the left.
UPS has been advised and is cooperative. Fortunately I do not need this antenna
for the contest coming up, as I have yet to order a transverter for 3456.

If anybody has ordered a dish from these folks with a tripod mount, the tripod
mount bracket is well made, but mysteriously has a drilled hole over 1/2 inch
where it is to mount to the tripod.  Now, all professional tripods come with a
dual threaded mount for 1/4-20 and 3/8-24, so you cannot tap the hole for
either of these threads.
As I see it, a plate needs to be mounted to the tripod end of the bracket that
is tapped for 3/8-24 as you want the strongest mount possible.

Has anybody else made any adjustments to the tripod bracket?

Got the 5.7/10 ghz feed with it too.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU

Email: ve3cru@rac.ca