Re: [VHFcontesting] Rovers: Your battery choice is...???

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rovers: Your battery choice is...???
From: VHFRover@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:24:48 EDT

>Please post your choice of battery and the benefits you find in using  it.

I have been using two large Die Hard deep cycle batteries. Going to three  in
September as I am adding after burners on 2M and 432. I usually try to
recharge overnight although I'm not sure that it's really needed. I've  never
had a
problem with them. I also use them in my fishing boat in between  contests.

What I really need to look into is a battery combiner or isolator so that I
can charge the batteries from the car alternator. Any good proven  ideas?
Mike WB8BZK/R