[VHFcontesting] K1TEO - 432 Sprint Results

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1TEO - 432 Sprint Results
From: wa2teo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 08:00:01 -0400
Good activity and condx made for a lot of fun in the 432 sprint. The band had
been open since Saturday night in one direction or another. Early Hepburn map
predictions didn't seem all that favorable but at least some of the tropo stuck
around for the sprint. Nice to start the sprint by working VE9AA in FN66 for a
new grid on 432! Ended up with 99 qso's in 34 grids. Best dx south was FM16/07.
To the west had some nice enhancement for awhile and worked EM89, 2 stations in
EN82, about a half dozen in EN91. To the north found FN25 and 35.

I think this is likely the most Q's I've made in a 432 sprint since the ARRL
stopped sponsoring the sprints. The above average band condx helped but I also
think the good condx on the bands in the Northeast in the days prior helped
remind folks that the Sprint was on and got them excited to see if the  condx
would last. Glad to see the bands are alive and well! Tnx to the sponsors and
CU in the Microwave sprint. 73, Jeff K1TEO