Re: [VHFcontesting] Stacking distance for 50,144,432?

To: t3@semarg.ath.cx,"VHFcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Stacking distance for 50,144,432?
From: "frank bechdoldt" <k3uhf@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:32:36 -0700
stack at least 1/4 of a wavelength of the antenna below, IE 1/4 of 6 meters
to the 2 meter then 1/4 of 2 meters to the 222 then 1/4 of 1.25 m to the
432.  But at the higher freqs they can go bigger. Of course biger the
better.  Tou can see my stack by typing my call in qrz.  Thats 6 bands in 4
feet. I think it might be better to put the 6 meter beam on top too since
it will have a wide lobe and the small antennas below it would be little
shadow for the earth reflection and the 6 might put some of the smaller
bands back towards ground.  Theres a 6 on top of that array in the pictire.

k3uhf/ frank

50mHz beam, 13 element 144mHz beam, a 21 element 432mHz beam, and a 144/440
dual band beam (5 elements each band). I want to stack them in the above
order from bottom to top (50,144,432, dual). I am hoping it isnt TOO far
hehehe.