Re: [VHFcontesting] Stacking distance for 50,144,432?

To: "'Mike (KA5CVH) Urich'" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>,<VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Stacking distance for 50,144,432?
From: "Stephen Hicks, N5AC" <n5ac@n5ac.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 00:00:36 -0600
>> I stacked lowest on top for my mobile roving installation using this
>> rationale... 2m on top, 220 below, 432 below, etc.

Mike wrote

> The only thing I see that would be a problem with this set up is that
> the maximum windload on the mast is at the furthest point away from
> its mount.  This can be compensated for with larger diameter and/or
> wall thickness of mast material

Mast?  I use a PVC pipe square that is about 2' tall, 4' wide and 6' deep on
top of the truck.  It's like a cube and it seems to do fine at 80+ MPH.  You
have to turn to rotate the antennas.  Works fine for me, but others might
prefer a rotator.  The 6m, 2m and 220 antennas stick out above the cube on
risers.

Steve