[VHFcontesting] Battle Jitney off the air for January

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Battle Jitney off the air for January
From: John D'Ausilio <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 20:31:37 -0500
Just so everyone knows .. the Jitney is in the midst of a
rebuild/upgrade and will not be on the road for the January contest.
I'm replacing the riceboxes with an Elecraft K2 and a stack of
Elecraft xverters driving the TE amps on the low 4 and a parallel
K2/SDR system for the high 6 (possibly 7). If I get everything done
inside in time I'll also be replacing the rear mast with a crankup
pole system and moving the dish to the H-frame ..

I might be able to get on the low 3 with the transverters barefoot if
they're ready by then (and if the wx is decent). I should be back on
the road from the FM15-north route in June.

73 es GL de John W1RT/R