Re: [VHFcontesting] spacecraft DX

To: k3uhf@earthlink.net, ezimmerm@erols.com, "ND7V" <ND7V@cs.com>,"PNWVHFS group" <noreply@googlegroups.com>,"vhfcontesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] spacecraft DX
From: "Eric Smith" <kb7dqh@donobi.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 04:08:23 -0800
W7GLF and myself (KB7DQH) may have heard some reflections
as far North as CN87...  We both heard some very brief
activity on 6... then nothing.  At the time we were on
144.240, I had just switched on the 6 meter rig in the
rover vehicle to see about desense and or noise floor
chanes on 6 with the borrowed Icom 7000 transmitting on
two.  Didn't observe any, but did hear voices on the band
about that time.  Beam pointed North...
Eric
KB7DQH