[VHFcontesting] W4SHG - Not down and Out Yet Folks

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W4SHG - Not down and Out Yet Folks
From: "Steve Gilmore" <shg@staffnet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:54:46 -0500
>From the W4SHG abyss in FM18HK

Breaking News

The W4SHG VHF and UHF antenna system is currently a mangled mess atop the
W4SHG ranch in the bottom of FM18HK.

Sadly enough some of this twisted aluminum may be salvageable however
nothing is on the air tonight on 2 meters, 222 or 432.

The high winds of this weekend essentially snapped the mast in too near the
neck of the Rohn 25 tower crushing the crossarms and

All the H polarized antennas on the stack. That would be all of them.

Now the challenge .......

I yanked the twisted mess down on Sunday in 40mph winds but that's about it.
Couldn't do much more at it was rather dangerous

At the top of the tower.

Tomorrow at 5:00am the rotor and what is left of the mast will be pulled
getting prepared for the 20 foot schedule 40 aluminum mast.

Wednesday Morning at 5:00am the mast goes in and hopefully two 432 antennas
go on one atop the other giving me 46 elements

Then I will jack up the mast.

Thursday Morning / Evening the 222 stack will go on, one atop the other and
again I will attempt to jack that up leaving my last antenna

For Friday or Saturday Morning.

The last being the 5WL on the bottom, jack her again and get the G-100o in
play and all three systems tied back into the hard lines.

Can it be done, and work a full 5 day week.

We shall see.

I will be looking for you all on 2 meters thru 3.4G on Saturday at 2:00pm

How's that for confidence

Respectfully submitted de Steve Gilmore

W4SHG on a misson ...........