[VHFcontesting] Updated VHF Sweepstakes plans - VE3LCA

To: OntVHFAssoc_reflector@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Updated VHF Sweepstakes plans - VE3LCA
From: Adam Kuzych <ve3zxk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:36:20 -0500 (EST)
The Lanark North Leeds ARES group will be operating our club station VE3LCA at
Conlon Farm Park in Perth, Ontario. (Eastern Ontario)

  To all those who may work us, or who may be close enough to visit:

  We will be participating in the ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes,
operations will begin at 2pm on Saturday, January 17, 2006
and end Sunday afternoon for take-down.

Equipment will likely be setup after coffee.

We will be operating on the 50, 144, 222, 432,
1296 and possibly 902Mhz bands. We will be one of the few portable
multi-op stations in Ontario.

This contest serves to expose local amateurs to VHF/UHF and Microwave (1296)
weak signal, our operation is especially for amateurs new to VHF weak-signal.
This contest also demonstrates our club's ability to operate under adverse
(winter)
conditions.

Also, unlike field day, in our region contacts on VHF/UHF may be
sporadic, allowing greater time off-air to meet with other amateurs.

The GPS location is :
        44 53 381 N
        76 15 206 W
        Elevation is 456 Feet.

Grid Square is FN14

Physical location will be the large Parking Lot to the left (South) of
the main building

73 Adam VE3ZXK