Re: [VHFcontesting] KB0HH prelim. report

To: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] KB0HH prelim. report
From: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:36:45 -0700
jon jones wrote:
> I operated with the KB0HH crew Saturday. No Es or tropo noted. W0EEA had a
> good signal from Colorado on 2M Sat. eve.  6M scatter condx were poor,
> though W7GJ DN27 had a solid signal and was worked.
>
> - N0JK

W0EEA always has a nice signal.  I forgot to turn on AGC on my FT-857 in
the Jeep and had a head scratcher moment wondering why all the big guns
sounded horrible and the weak-signals sounded good.  ;-)

I couldn't join in on the fun for very long -- was working on
reconnecting the downed power circuit to the detached garage that's been
on the "needs to be fixed" list for quite some time.  Well, at least
I'll have 220V/50A out there once we get finished.

Of course, like any proper project, it keeps getting bigger and
bigger... breakers for my old house panel aren't available, so we're
adding another panel... and of course, the 1" conduit and overhead
bracing made out of Uni-Strut... we're havin' fun NOW.  (And that strut
may just come in handy for running co-ax later...!)

The WY0X "rover" (not really a rover, we didn't change grid squares)
worked a number of people in the Denver area on Saturday afternoon while
we drove to Home Depot for the bezzzzzilionth time for electrical
pieces/parts... and it was nice to hear all the usuals on.  Not a very
serious effort, but hey -- it shows how easy it is to participate!

Heard around Denver...

N0POH
W0EEA
KC0MEA
KC0MEZ? (similar to Tom's call, but forgot now who it was...)
W0KU
W0KVA (at least Scott got the callsign on the air for our little group!)
K0NR (Bob climbed a mountain in the snow!  Go Bob!)

And a few others...

All of my contacts were on 6, 2 and 440... but lots of folks mentioned
that they had 902 or higher, including 10 GHz stuff available.

More activity here for January than usual!  Maybe that bodes well for June!

Nate WY0X