[VHFcontesting] N5ITO Contest Results

To: <vhf-post@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N5ITO Contest Results
From: "Dave Vondrasek" <n5ito@davidv.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:44:31 -0600
Wanna thank everyone for the great contest this last weekend. Ran into a few
issues but all in all it was a great contest for my first time operating
more then just 2mtrs.

6 mtrs
Band did have avery few short openings up north on Sunday and managed to get
into EN84 & EN70 & DM82.

2 Mtrs
Band was again my home band and worked quite a few of the normals and
managed to hit a few new grids.

222 Mhz
All the work I did for 222 went to the trash after I discovered that
something from the feed point at the tower up to the 222 yagi was open and
the antenna was not useable 3 hours before start time. I remembered I had my
first 11 ele yagi at the shop and put it on a 30 foot push-up poll next to
the shack, feed with RG-8 and used the arm strong method for turning on that
band. Thanks to all those that gave me time to *find you* on 222 with that
method of running back and forth tracking the signals.. That and dealing
with just 20 watts out and no pre-amp didn't help but it was fun.

432 Mhz
The SSB Sequencer just arrived Friday morning and didn't have much time to
test and get the band ready. But the amp put out a solid 450 watts and the
pre-amp worked great and caused no issues the whole weekend. Made a few new
grids there also.

1296 Mhz
More power then 10 watts and adding a pre-amp would have help me on this
band. And maybe more then a single 35ele yagi. But all in all it was the
first time I have used the band and I learned a lot. Hope to improve the
signals on this band as time permits. But again, it is a new band and I was
just happy to get a few contacts from out here back in to Dallas as well as
with K5QE. Over 100 miles on the present setup was nice in my view. Now to
also work on 902 for the future contest...

Final results are as follows.

TOTAL CONTACTS: 211
TOTAL QSO POINTS        266
TOTAL MULTIPLIERS       92