Re: [VHFcontesting] E skip question

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] E skip question
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 03:12:29 +0000
John:

E-skip, when it occurs in the September VHF QSO Party, "is ususally better"
in the southern USA. Mid-latitude Es ocurring around the fall and spring
equinoxes is more frequent in southern latitudes. This has been verified by
ionosonde data. The September 2005 VHF QSO Party occured close to the fall
equinox (Sept. 21).

Pat Dyer WA5IYX's site has more information about mid-latitude, auroral and
other forms of Es, and perhaps may point you to the answer as to "why."

http://home.swbell.net/pjdyer/index.html

- Jon N0JK