[VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Sprint Reminder

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Sprint Reminder
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:16:58 -0500
Hey VHF Contesters (especially those within "range" of Chicago-land),

Wednesday night (4/12, 7pm to 11pm local time) brings the SECOND event in
the series of ETDXA Sponsored Spring VHF & Up Sprints...this week on 222
MHz.

I will be roving somewhere within 100 miles or so of Chicago though my route
is not yet certain.

Tim, K0PG, has posted that he and Pat, K9ILT, will be piloting their "Rovair
Extraordinaire" operating under Pat's call, K9ILT/R, down by the Grid Corner
just SW of Kankakee, Illinois (EN50, EN51, EN60 and EN61) so look for them
down there. Mike, WB8BZK/R, is planning to visit AT LEAST EN52 and EN62
with his newly acquired narrowband set-up as well as monitoring on 223.5 FM.

We all check both the 'narrowband' AND FM calling frequencies, 222.100 and
223.5 MHz, respectively so please take a check for us (and "off" the callng
frequency as well). Even if you only have FM equipment, check out 223.5 MHz
(and turn that volume up...maybe "crack the squelch" once in awhile).

Any and all QSOs will be appreciated.

If anyone is interested in knowing my "final" route or possibly making a
schedule, please drop me an e-mail "off the list" (and preferably before 3pm
CENTRAL DAYLIGHT TIMEtomorrow "just in case" I decide on a more
far-reaching route and have to leave that early).

I will be running a 225WB antenna and 100W or so from my FT-736R and TE
Systems "brick" amp so I _should_ have some "range".

73, JK