Re: [VHFcontesting] 6 meters

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 6 meters
From: "Matt Patterson" <mattpatt@1starnet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 07:45:19 -0500

Bob,

What kind of station do you have on six?  I make contacts on six just about
every day but you have to listen for that opening, listen for beacons and
call CQ.  On days when there's not an openeing you can always use JT6M or
something like that and usually work someone via meteor scatter. Six meters
is a challenge and I think it's why most hams enjoy this band so much is
because of that fact.  It's certainly much more difficult than throwing a
wire in a tree and calling CQ on 20m.

73 Matt
W5LL