Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF 2005 results?!

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF 2005 results?!
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:00:45 -0500
Olli,

You were the Top Scorer in the QRP-Hilltopper Category for Germany and, if I read correctly, for all of Europe. Further, your call is in "Bold" which indicates that you should get a certificate. Congratulations!

Feedback for John, W1XX (and the "Contest Quahogs"). I realize that the work behind the CQ WW VHF Contest is largely if not entirely voluntary but Olli makes a good point...since CQ may not be as available through the rest of the world as it is here in the U.S. and the CQ WW VHF Contest is THE "Worldwide" VHF Contest (witness Fred Laun's report about the publicity effort and activity that resulted in Thailand), I'll take Olli's note about results not being widely available one step further and suggest that it would be a good idea to make the results, AT LEAST "Line Scores" available on the web...and AT LEAST for non-North American participants. The "dedicated" web page for the CQ WW VHF contest already exists (http://www.cqww-vhf.com/ , thanks to NC1C, if I read correctly)...seems like it wouldn't take much to make the Line Scores available on that page. I don't proclaim to be a web page author but I'd volunteer to put that together if that is what it would take.

And please don't take this as "sour grapes"...I really enjoy the CQ WW VHF and DO appreciate CQ's sponsorhip of it as well as all of the "volunteer" efforts that "we" don't really see. I'm trying to be "constructive" here.

To the rest of the VHF Contesting subscribers...
-Am I alone in this thinking?
-Would some more complete result availability help to "stem" the "continued decline in 2-meter North American contest activity" that was reported in the 2005 results article?

Stepping down from the soapbox, now.

73, JK