[VHFcontesting] Using battery bays for transverters in FT897

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Using battery bays for transverters in FT897
From: "david feldman" <wb0gaz@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:23:48 -0600
Jon's message (about adding a transverter in the battery bay of the FT897
sounds like a ***WONDERFUL*** idea. I'd been mulling over the fate of my
FT897, as I don't really have a need for integrated batteries, but would
like to add band coverage. Jon would you be able to post a more detailed
description on how you integrated this, if you think another "extra band"
such as 1296 would be practical?

Very tks,

73 Dave WB0GAZ wb0gaz@hotmail.com