Re: [VHFcontesting] Amps for 50 MHz QRP Rigs ?

To: steve kavanagh <skavanagh73@yahoo.ca>,vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Amps for 50 MHz QRP Rigs ?
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 07:36:43 -0700
On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:57:56AM -0400, steve kavanagh wrote:
> Have any of you FT-817, IC-502, etc. owners found a
> source for power amplifiers for six metres (or designs
> for homebrew) that will operate at the 2-5 watt input
> level ?  I am looking to upgrade my homebrew 2 watt
> transverter by 10 dB or so.

I have an 100 watt amp that was a design that was
in QST and then later sold as a kit I think.

I got it used.

I would think you could d a google search and
turn that design up.

If you only are looking for 20 watts it should be easy enough.

I would do it with one of these:

http://www.rfparts.com/pdf_docs/57704-68776/57735.pdf

--
George Fremin III - K5TR