Re: [VHFcontesting] How Good was 6 Meters in the 2006 June Contest?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] How Good was 6 Meters in the 2006 June Contest?
From: Alex <kr1st@amsat.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:21:20 -0400
John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK wrote:
> Lest we not forget what may be the MOST SIGNIFICANT factor in how good it
> was for "you"
>
> Location, Location, Location...
>
> Where WERE the paths and what was "your" proximity to them and how many
> active stations were in the area of other the end of the path.

Ain't that the truth. I'm 20 miles of the East Coast in SC which means
over 180 degrees, maybe close to 270 degrees, of no land (at single hop
distance) and no hams. A fantastic Es cloud over the Atlantic or even
the Gulf doesn't do me any good. Heard AF6O with S9+ signal here on
Sunday evening, but he just couldn't hear me. And of course that's
double hop for me so I'd have to compete with all the single hoppers.

So is life.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com