[VHFcontesting] N2SLN/R report

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N2SLN/R report
From: "Lu" <n2sln@cnyconnect.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 01:01:48 -0400
On Saturday, we enjoyed double-hop E-skip on 6m and single-hop on 2m.  Our
longest 6m contact appears to be 2437 miles with W6KBX/CM98.  The longest 2m
contact appears to be 1122 miles with N0UY/EN18, but we did hear North
Dakota station NT0V/EN08 which would have been 1238 miles to our FN22
location in central NY.  We also noticed (like many others) that our higher
bands sure got quiet while everyone was hunting grids on 6m Saturday.  We
worked into 9 different fields and 21 states on 6m, both up from June 2003.
We operated for 27.5% of the contest, and the final score appears to be
24,592.  This was definitely one of the most memorable contests, especially
since we're supposed to be in a "weak period" halfway between sunspot peaks!
We will be back for more punishment in the July CQ WW VHF which starts
Saturday, July 15.

73

N2SLN/R
"some assembly required"