[VHFcontesting] 4 Meters in NA

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 4 Meters in NA
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:35:21 -0400
Greetings Derrick and all,

Up to the present, there has never been any legal communication on 4 meters
here in Canada.  The only recorded activity on 4 was a VE2AUI or VE2AIU who
worked cross-band to EU, transmitting on 6.  As you are aware, 4 meters or 70
mhz is a television channel in NA, so signals of any power will create TVI in
some places. The qrp airplane radio control units would not likely interfere so
are permitted I find out.

Anybody bootlegging on 4 meters would not likely get caught, provided they only
responded to a dx cq with the necessary exchange and stopped.  However, if that
communication gets posted to TCA or QST and Industry Canada or the FCC hears
about it, a warning letter would be issued on the first offence I would think.

I note the 2 by 1 call you have.  You are paying your dues to IC for that
privilege, but I hope that privilege gets a time extension, as it is ridiculous
to drive a long distance for a dxpedition and only be permitted to use that
call for a specific contest and not for a ham vacation period too while there,
or longer.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU