[VHFcontesting] N. Illinois multi-ops and 144.200

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N. Illinois multi-ops and 144.200
From: "Bruce Richardson" <w9fz@w9fz.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:43:58 -0500
In early June, I made an statement claiming there have been large
multi-ops in Northern Illinois cq'ing endlessly on 144.200 during
contests.  I was contacted by two prominent single-op VHF'ers in the
region who were quite surprised by my statement because their
experience is quite different.  I'm glad to hear that.

The two prominent single-ops who contacted me find the state of VHF
in their areas is quite reasonable, fair, competitive, and friendly.
They do not find evidence of large multi-ops camping out on .200
cq'ing endlessly.  I'm so glad that they report this because I think
the VHF community is better off for not having that behavior to work
around.

I am so glad to find out that my statement is wrong with respect to
the state of VHF today.  I'm GLAD to find out that I am wrong. Large
Multi-ops in N. Illinois, please accept my apologies for my incorrect
statement and the insinuation it contained.

73
Bruce Richardson W9FZ

Come to the Central States VHF Society 40th
Conference in Minneapolis on July 27-30, 2006!
Info at www.csvhfs.org