Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Recap for a Dozen participants

To: VHF Contesting e-Mail List <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Recap for a Dozen participants
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:44:41 -0700 (PDT)
--- J999w@aol.com wrote:
> Call me old school, but I _like it_ when you don't
> know what the other guy is doing ... keeps me
> motivated.

On the other hand, just about everyone who has
actually tried the system said that they were
motivated by seeing others who were "within striking
distance".

> What if you're server
> goes down right in the middle of your 100 Q/hr run?
> Oh boy, there goes the blood pressure again.

The logger caches everything and uploads it as soon as
it sees the server is back.

Besides...the scoreboard is *not* the official
results.  It is simply an indication of how things are
going.  Ultimately, the score is kept locally and can
be uploaded after the event is over.

Ev, W2EV