Re: [VHFcontesting] The XML and RFSport.com Initiatives

To: cq-contest@contesting.com,VHF Contesting e-Mail List <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The XML and RFSport.com Initiatives
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:28:56 -0700 (PDT)
> Thanks for clearing that up Ev, now it's at least as
> clear as the
> Mississippi river.

Hi Tom,
I'm giggling because it just dawned on me that I used
a lot of "I-T speak" and probably shouldn't have.  How
about this...

The RFSport.com initiative is a complete, delivered
system that includes the components of:
Logging Client, Protocol to Report Score, Protocol to
Report Log (no Cabrillo needed!), display data on the
web (with graphics) dynamically, store the information
for later retrieval and the future vision to fully
automate the process of log-checking, error reporting
and awards presentation.

XML4Results is a *sorely* needed effort to define a
protocol that the logging system reports data to the
scoreboard with.  It is being developed so it can work
for any/all contesting scenarios (RFSport.com's
protocol requires a contest to use QSO x QSOpoints x
Grid4 = score, which lowers its usefulness to the HF
community).

RFSport.com is a "whole package", XML4Results deals
specifically with the protocol to allow loggers to
talk to scoreboards.

If I've mis-stated anything...then I ask that someone
closer to the development team of the XML4Results
initiative to please correct me.  I don't intend to
publish incorrect or misleading information.  This is
simply my understanding of things.

I'll say it again, though...the XML4Results effort is
*sorely* needed.  The group should be applauded for
their efforts and great work!  I view these two as
complimentary efforts, and hope that you do, too.

Kind regards,
Ev, W2EV