Re: [VHFcontesting] DSL router/VHF-UHF noise question

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] DSL router/VHF-UHF noise question
From: Eric Watkins <shelshok@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:16:17 -0600
Hello,

There is a rather long post a few months/year back on the eham forums
about bad luck with the BEFSR41 unit so you aren't alone.  Someone on
there went as far as putting it into a metal container, but the unit
would overhead I'd guess.

I had the exact same experience with the device you have. The BEFSR41
puts out major static on/via the ethernet ports. I found that clip on
chokes on the ethernet helped some but not enough to stop all the
way. My unit was nuking six badly and it was house wide. I ended up
going with the linksys wrt45g which is wireless, but you have the
option in the software to disable it. I simply use the wired portion
and disable the 802.11a/b/g portion. It also has 4 ethernet ports.

Good luck,

Eric, KR0VER