Re: [VHFcontesting] 432 during UHF contest

To: crawfish <crawfish@surfmore.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 432 during UHF contest
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:37:49 -0500
On 7/30/06, crawfish <crawfish@surfmore.net> wrote:

> Not to argue the point, but that won't fly here in southern TN where I have
> to go to 2m and beg contacts to go to 432.And 432 is not used except on
> contests, otherwise. I envy the activity in the Midwest and Northeast on
> VHF/UHF.

Mike wrote

hehe, During field day I was our clubs V/UHF station manager
(coordinator, whatever you want to call it)  I spent so much time
trying to teach the newbie contestor's how to move the 6 meter
contacts up the bands ... :-( about the time one would get the hang of
it and make some q's they'd leave.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH