Re: [VHFcontesting] 6m Take off angles?

To: Fred Lass <felasstic@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 6m Take off angles?
From: <k2kw-8@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:39:57 -0700
Hi Fred,

QSL on the higher lobe... I was thinking that the 2nd lobe, typically in the
30-40 degree take off range, was where the Es angles were... I didn't realize
they were generally low (I consider 10 degrees take off angle as the
demarcation between low and high, at least for HF work).

HFTA by N6BV has been heavily used for my 6-80m planning, and on paths that
don't have any terrain slope advantage, an antenna in the 55-60' range (my max
allowable height due to zoning) is better.  Where I have a good slope, the
30-35' high antnena is better.

I will have to take a pick on which paths I want to eek out the most low angle
gain.

Thanks again,  Kenny K2KW