[VHFcontesting] VHF+ Terrestrial Contest Survey

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF+ Terrestrial Contest Survey
From: "Stephen Hicks, N5AC" <n5ac@n5ac.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:17:07 -0500
Fellow VHF and Microwave Contester,

There have been numerous discussions in the past about ARRL contest rules in
the VHF and up contests.  We all know what it's like to get beat in a
contest "fair and square" and we know what it's like to encounter situations
that make it frustrating to operate in the contest simply because the rules
make it less fun or even unfair.

In an effort to consolidate the opinions of the contesting community, we
have created a survey to determine if a number of issues that have come up
are really issues that require rule changes or not.  The more input we have
on the survey, the better the data will be - even if you do not have any
issues with the current state of the rules, we would appreciate your input
on the survey to let us know this.

At the conclusion of the survey period, the results will be tabulated and
provided to the VUAC as well as the participants in the survey. Please take
a moment to answer the survey and if you see a geographical region not
listed in the "to" line of this email, please feel free to forward the
survey to other groups --- the more input the better.  Here is the link for
the survey.

http://phpesp.n5ac.com/public/survey.php?name=VHF_Contesting_Rules

The survey will be active for one week, ending on NOVEMBER 1ST.

Thanks & 73,

Steve, N5AC

VP, North Texas Microwave Society