Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] HD Chimney Bracket

To: w2ev@yahoo.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com,VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] HD Chimney Bracket
From: "kb8u vhf" <kb8u_vhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 15:54:07 +0000
For that kind of wind loading, you need a tower.  Your chimney will break
off in 50 mph winds otherwise.  Concrete is strong under compression but
weak under tension.  Anything bigger than a TV antenna on a chimney is
asking for trouble.

Go here, type in chimney and do some reading if you aren't convinced:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/

-Russ  KB8U