[VHFcontesting] FYI - Wayne, N7NG resigns from ARRL (from [GOLIST])

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FYI - Wayne, N7NG resigns from ARRL (from [GOLIST])
From: R Johnson <k1vu@tmlp.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 22:51:32 -0500
Hi all,

On Thursday, December 14, 2006, much to my regret, I delivered a letter
of resignation to David Sumner, K1ZZ. Such an early departure had not
been my plan but had become necessary. On Friday, in a meeting with Dave
and Mr. Harold Kramer, ARRL Chief Operating Officer (COO), I made it
clear, when asked, that my resignation was in no way a retirement. I
also conveyed that it did not indicate any fundamental differences with
ARRL outside of the jurisdiction of Mr. Kramer. I offered them the
opportunity to release information about my resignation, but Mr. Kramer
could send only a terse two-line message, and then only to the HQ Staff
and the closed reflector of the ARRL Officers, Directors and Vice
Directors, hence this message.

All in all, it's been a fun six and one-half years. The League has been
a great place to work, and I?d do all but the last 22 months over again.
I thank all of you around the World for your great support. In
particular, I offer special thanks our volunteers - advisory committee
members, log checkers and advisors. I also urge all of you to support
the ARRL financially. Be sure to tell them what you want, though ­ they
don?t always ask. I hope to regenerate an active interest in Ham Radio
back in Wyoming. Maybe there?ll be another DXpedition or two as well,
and look for N7NG - Jackson Hole - to be an active Wyoming contributor
to LoTW as long as it's in business.

73, Wayne, N7NG

Jackson Hole, Wyoming

--